Can't log in anymore after disk full

Hi,

Running ES 5.2.0 with Kibana 5.2.0 and Logstash 5.2.0 and X-PACK as well. I'm on a trial and I'm testing out all the new features but I have let my indices grow out of control and the data nodes have no free space. A unique detail about my setup is that I have everything setup in Kubernetes so the directory used is writing to an emptyDir, meaning if I restart the data node container the data will be gone.

I think this has caused me to be unable to log into the ES cluster. I can still log into kibana though. Is there something I can do without having to reinstall everything? This isn't production data or anything critical so I don't mind rebuilding, but it's just a hassle.

Thanks!

Tony

Just delete the indices via the ES APIs and you should be good.

The problem is I can't because I'm not authorized to do so, because the credentials dont' work.

Can you provide more details about the error you get when trying to login.

• What user are you using?
  • Which realm is that user authenticated against (native, file, LDAP, etc)
  • What output do you get when you run this? (you might need to change the URL or username to match your environment)
       curl -u elastic 'http://localhost:9200/?error_trace=true'

Sure.

• What user are you using?
    elastic
  • Which realm is that user authenticated against (native, file, LDAP, etc)
    Native? I'm not sure, but I think it is.

{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"security_exception","reason":"failed to authenticate user [elastic]","header":{"WWW-Authenticate":"Basic realm=\"security\" charset=\"UTF-8\""}}],"type":"security_exception","reason":"failed to authenticate user [elastic]","header":{"WWW-Authenticate":"Basic realm=\"security\" charset=\"UTF-8\""}},"status":401}

• What output do you get when you run this? (you might need to change the URL or username to match your environment)
    I get this:
    Enter host password for user 'elastic':

Enter host password for user 'elastic':

And what output do you get after you enter the password?

I ended up re-provisioning my cluster. In all honesty, this was way to difficult to troubleshoot so I'm trying out the cloud solution.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.