Can't log in kibana as the built-in elastic user

Hi all, after installing x-pack on elasticsearch and kibana,i tried to log in kibana as the built-in elastic user and it can enter kibana successfully,however,it turned out i log in as the "kibana" user,how would that happened?

tried to log in kibana as the built-in elastic user and it can enter kibana successfully

I assume you mean "it can't enter kibana successfully" ?

1. What is the error you're getting ?
  2. Are there any errors in the kibana.log file ? If so what are these errors?
  3. Are there any errors in the elasticsearch.log file ? If so what are these errors?
  4. what have you set for
    elasticsearch.username: 
    elasticsearch.password: 

in kibana.yml
  5. What is the output of
     curl -k -u elastic 'http://<your_server_here>:9200/_xpack/security/_authenticate?pretty'

6. How did you set the password for elastic and kibana users ?

hi @ikakavas,first of all,thanks for your reply.

i mean i can enter kibana and i can also use all the features,it works fine;
i do all steps by flowing this documentation:Install X-Pack
and the output of your request is:

{
  "username" : "elastic",
  "roles" : [
    "superuser"
  ],
  "full_name" : null,
  "email" : null,
  "metadata" : {
    "_reserved" : true
  },
  "enabled" : true
}

Hi ,

Then I can't understand what is your problem and/or your question. Can you clarify ?

this documentation said that logging in as elastic-user which is a superuser so that i can do some jobs about management like adding new roles and users:

my problem is that i can't log in as the elastic-user even though i did enter the elastic username and its password in kibana's login page,it still logged in as the kibana-user,just like i mentioned.

Excuse me but I can't follow you. You say that you login as the elastic user and you end up logged in as the kibana user somehow ?

Can you try closing restarting your browser or using an incognito window?

yeah,that's my problem,and i tried to clear cookies and it still acted like this

hi @ikakavas, i tried to restart the browser and it work fine now,so sorry to cost you so much time and thank you for your patience!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.