Can't prepare offline plugin

hello everyone,

i have a problem about logstash right now. i'm trying to create offline plugin here but when i run the command, i got this error

Gem::LoadError: You have already activated ffi 1.16.3, but your Gemfile requires ffi 1.15.5. Since ffi is a default gem, you can either remove your dependency on it or try updating to a newer version of bundler that supports ffi as a default gem.
  check_for_activated_spec! at /logstash/logstash-8.11.3/vendor/jruby/lib/ruby/stdlib/bundler/runtime.rb:308
                      setup at /logstash/logstash-8.11.3/vendor/jruby/lib/ruby/stdlib/bundler/runtime.rb:25
                       each at org/jruby/RubyArray.java:1989
                       each at /logstash/logstash-8.11.3/vendor/jruby/lib/ruby/stdlib/bundler/spec_set.rb:155
                        map at org/jruby/RubyEnumerable.java:835
                      setup at /logstash/logstash-8.11.3/vendor/jruby/lib/ruby/stdlib/bundler/runtime.rb:24
                      setup at /logstash/logstash-8.11.3/vendor/jruby/lib/ruby/stdlib/bundler.rb:161
                     setup! at /logstash/logstash-8.11.3/lib/bootstrap/bundler.rb:83
                    execute at /logstash/logstash-8.11.3/lib/pluginmanager/prepare_offline_pack.rb:30
                        run at /logstash/logstash-8.11.3/vendor/bundle/jruby/3.1.0/gems/clamp-1.0.1/lib/clamp/command.rb:68
                    execute at /logstash/logstash-8.11.3/vendor/bundle/jruby/3.1.0/gems/clamp-1.0.1/lib/clamp/subcommand/execution.rb:11
                        run at /logstash/logstash-8.11.3/vendor/bundle/jruby/3.1.0/gems/clamp-1.0.1/lib/clamp/command.rb:68
                        run at /logstash/logstash-8.11.3/vendor/bundle/jruby/3.1.0/gems/clamp-1.0.1/lib/clamp/command.rb:133
                     <main> at /logstash/logstash-8.11.3/lib/pluginmanager/main.rb:64

i install logstash 8.11.3 using tar.gz package and i already tried to re-extract it but the error still coming.

do you guys know how to fix this?

it's pretty weird since this issue coming from default package from elastic site. i haven't change anything in there. all i did is change the config (logstash.yml, pipelines.yml, jvm.options) and add a pipeline. that's all. even with that fresh extract, the issue is till appear

Thanks

It's not clear are you trying to create included plugin by default or some other.
Check this.

tar.gz version also includes default plugins

i want to install logstash-filter-multiline. i know it's deprecated but for some reason i still need that. and i want to check first if the plugin already installed or not. if it installed, i want to make an offline plugin of it

I don't think so you can install on 8.x, perhaps on 7.x since the development was stopped before 4+ yrs. Have a look github.

Since you can use the multiline codec to transform any source, can you describe your problem, maybe someone can help, assist or suggest how to use the multiline codec.

idk, I tried to install it and it was successfully installed

there will be a long explanation from the beginning. maybe I can tell you later. but for now, I need this plugin to be installed on my logstash server. FYI, on the prod server, I installed that plugin on the 8.11.2 version, and the plugin works well. what I told you above, it is on my dev server

OK have you tried the mentioned workaround?

Yes, and it works

Pada Kam, 27 Jun 2024 14.31, Rios via Discuss the Elastic Stack <notifications@elastic.discoursemail.com> menulis:

1 Like

Thank you

Pada Kam, 27 Jun 2024 14.31, Rios via Discuss the Elastic Stack <notifications@elastic.discoursemail.com> menulis:

1 Like