Can't start service it stops (7.7.0)

I installed it with msi. When i try to start the service it stops immediately...

By the way 7.6.2 works perfectly.

This is the error text on event logs;

Elastic.ProcessHosts.Process.StartupException: Could not evaluate jvm.options file: C:\ProgramData\Elastic\Elasticsearch\config\jvm.options result: Exception in thread "main" java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\ProgramData\Elastic\Elasticsearch\config\jvm.options\jvm.options
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:85)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:103)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:108)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:235)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Files.java:370)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Files.java:421)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.newInputStream(FileSystemProvider.java:420)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newInputStream(Files.java:155)
	at org.elasticsearch.tools.launchers.JvmOptionsParser.readJvmOptionsFi...`

I encountered the same situation.

What I found as a temporary workaround is the following:

1. Create a new folder in C:\ProgramData\Elastic\Elasticsearch\config:

jvm.options_

1. Move the file jvm.options into the newly created folder jvm.options_

2. Rename folder jvm.options_ to jvm.options.

When you start the service, it will be able to find the configuration file:

C:\ProgramData\Elastic\Elasticsearch\config\jvm.options\jvm.options

I suspect you may be running into a bug with the 7.7.0 MSI installer. I've documented a workaround: https://github.com/elastic/windows-installers/issues/363#issuecomment-631158455

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.