Canvas dropdown control doesn't work as I expected

I try to create a dropdown control inside the canvas. I created a data source and previewed it:

And next, I tried to set up the display for this control:

But nothing was displayed on the canvas when I clicked on this control:

Who knows what was wrong and how to improve the configuration of this control so it can be able to display needed data?

I found such a thing in the Kibana documentation

I don't understand, why in this query string after var keyword value of variable indexName is used instead of indexName variable? It makes no sense with the concept of variables.

I tried to apply that approach to my canvas dropdown control, I switched to query expression and I wrote my query using the above concept:

What is wrong? Why there is no error description? I found canvas designer very poor. Why my the dropdown control doesn't have expected data from the SQL query?

I think you are right - it looks like there is a bug in the 2nd screenshot in the documentation. I don't know why else it would look like var "my_new_index_name".

I'm not seeing this problem you describe. It may be something with the data source or a filter on the worksheet.

I don't think having a variable in the essql query will help - it sounds like you don't have the same use case that is covered in that section of the documentation.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.