Challenges with Establishing Relationships between Tables

Hello Team, I am new to this application. However, I have some challenges. Is ELK good enough for transactional data or its mostly used to analyse logs? Also, Is there a tutorial or method of creating relationships between tables and also connecting to a mysql database. Cant seem to find any useful info on the web. Thanks for your help

Is ELK good enough for transactional data

Elasticsearch does not support transactions.
In many cases IMO you don't need transactions. I mean that often people who are coming from Relational DB background are seeing transactions as technical transactions because objects are stored in multiple tables.

You don't need multiple tables in elasticsearch most of the time as you just index your full document (object) as is.

In some cases, you need to have in a relational system, what I'd call business transactions. Like I have in my database an account table and I want to be sure that when I take money from client A, I put it in client B, everything stays consistent. That's what I call business transactions.

If you think of it, in the context of a not transactional system like elasticsearch, you can "simply" model it in a different way. Instead of storing in elasticsearch an account, you can "simply" index the transaction itself like:

PUT transactions/doc/1
{
  "from": "ClientA",
  "to": "ClientB",
  "amount": 100
}

But that really depends on the use case and what you want to do.

or its mostly used to analyse logs?

No. I mean not only. My former job, we have been indexing declarations of goods and such related things.

Also, Is there a tutorial or method of creating relationships between tables and also connecting to a mysql database.

I shared my thoughts on that here: https://david.pilato.fr/blog/2015-05-09-advanced-search-for-your-legacy-application/

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.