Cluster/indices/shard health in a dashboard?

I frequently need to check _cat/health, _cat/nodes, _cat/indices (usually with a sort for store size descending), _cat/shards and so on to monitor disk usage and overall health of my elasticsearch cluster. My team would like to put things like these into a Kibana dashboard of data tables/charts (for things like store size). As something of a beginner with Kibana (I primarily with with elasticsearch and am happy to do all these checks with cURL or the DevTools page), it seems like this should be easy to do, but I can't figure out how to link to the results of such GETs to dashboards. Am I missing something obvious here in my naivety, or is this not really supported?

Why not use Monitoring? It's free and contains all that and more - https://www.elastic.co/products/stack/monitoring

Thanks, new feature to me, and it looks promising. Am I correct in assessing that I can't actually utilize the _cat API in a dashboard, then?

You can if you want (eg get a json response), but that's kinda reinventing the wheel.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.