Code/JS API to refresh a visualization

Hello. I am writing a custom Kibana plugin.

When the parameters in the editor change and somebody pushes the play button, how do I refresh my visualization, I am not getting notified when parameters or the search filter changes. I tried looking at the plugins listed as examples in the known plugins page - https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/known-plugins.html .

Most of them, do not change visualization unless you refresh the page. Is there an example which I could look into to better understand how the change in parameter is handled in a proper 5.5.0+ compatible plugin.

all the core_plugins visualizations (the ones provided out of the box) refresh on clicking the play button, so maybe its best to look there ...

what branch are you developing on ?

True. All 'core' plugins do refresh on clicking the play button. But you probably have an observer/event which captures that and calls your code so it could react to it. Can someone point me out to a specific code snippet at github where this event happens. I tried looking but it is not clear to me how it is being done ? There does not seem to be much documentation.

I am on the branch tagged v5.5.0 at github.com/elastic/kibana repo.

and i guess you are using template vis type ?

$scope.$watch('vis.params', () => {
   // params got updated
});

i think something like this should work. let me know how it goes.

and tag cloud is probably the simplest vis to check:

Thanks. I got it working through the multiwatch since we need to monitor both 'esResponse' and 'vis.params'

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.