Is it possible to force Kibana to reload visualisation code?

Like the title says, is it possible to get Kibana to reload the code for a visualisation ? The vis is part of a dashboard and I'm updating it in response to events within my ingest (logstash) pipeline.
I'm updating the version number along with the code for a vis but the changes aren't being seen unless I manually hit the refresh button on the browser. Is it possible somehow ? Doesn't have to be a neat solution just as long as it could be done automatically.
Anyone got any ideas ? Thanks,
JJ

You're updating the JSON document in elasticsearch that defined the visualization? Am I understanding that correctly?

I know that the auto-refresh functionality will update the data points, but I don't think it'll reload the visualization itself. It's not something we ever expected to change programmatically like that. I think the only way to trigger it is, as you point out, refreshing the page.

You could still make this happen automatically with a plugin hack though. In fact, you could probably make something that forced a router update and use that to refresh the page, so you could avoid seeing the Loading indicator all the time.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.