Color change based on field value instead of count

I'm trying to create a visualization, which will allow me to show my data from a community created Beats - Processbeat. It's a monitoring of processes with statuses like "RUNNING" or "STOPPED".
Now to the point, below is an example of a Waffle:

And it would be perfectly fine, if only I could choose 2 colors - Green - for field "STATUS"="RUNNING" and Red for field "STATUS"="STOPPED".
Instead Kibana automatically assigns colors.

Is there a way to fix this in the newest version of Kibana, or do I need to create an issue on Github for future release?

Hi @alytkowski

there's this feature request which will provide a way to associate a color to a "term" or category: [Lens] Support categorical coloring by name · Issue #101942 · elastic/kibana · GitHub .

Right now there's some sort of workaround to color terms with a specific color, which is remapping the field values to a number via a runtime field (i.e. RUNNING: 1, STOPPED: 0 ).
The only problem is that you need a Last value operation to pick only the latest status in the time range, and that won't support the palette coloring in Lens yet.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.