Customize lens colors in kibana

By using filters in kibana, i cannot change lens colors, does kibana support this option?

Hi @mohamed.softparadigm

welcome to the Kibana community.

Can you share some examples of what you've attempted so far?

If you use Filters for your Horizontal axis, each Vertical dimension should show a color you can customize:

If you use Filters as break down criteria, you can control the colors at the palette level, not by value:

One trick here is to reorder the filter based on the palette you are using to match the order there. Not perfect yet, we know.

In this Lens FAQ page you can find more about color customization: Create visualizations with Lens | Kibana Guide [7.15] | Elastic

And for "coloring by value" in Lens I can recommend to track the following issue: [Lens] Support categorical coloring by name · Issue #101942 · elastic/kibana · GitHub

Hi, there's a feature request in github for this functionality since june 10th.

My solution to the lack of this option was to implement each filter as a different layer in the lens visualization allowing you to color them individually.

Beware that this means you don't get automated ordering of the datasets (like the biggest bars being first in a bar chart) but you do get to pick any color to any of the layers

It's an important caveat! Thank you for sharing it. We also are looking at options to solve the sorting issue--aiming to offer a much more robust solution in the near future. [Lens] Allow client-side sorting of dimensions at datasource level, for all chart types · Issue #86184 · elastic/kibana · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.