Compare multiple nodes in one graph

We recently upgraded from ES 1.4.5, running the marvel plugin for monitoring, to ES 5.3.2, now running the monitoring through Kibana 5.3.2.

I am missing the option to select multiple nodes have their metrics plotted in the same graph overview. That really gave us a clear indication that something unusual was going on, if one of the nodes deviated heavily from the others.

Is that option not available anymore through the default monitoring?

This is no longer part of of Monitoring. You could achieve something similar with a visualization based on a .monitoring* index pattern. There an enhancement request for this already added in the x-pack repo.

Ah, okay - thanks for the answer.

Do you have any idea of the timeframe for the enhancement and can I track the progress anywhere?

The issue is in our private repo (so it is kinda hard to track), I did talk with the monitoring team, but the only thing i can tell you is that there is no work being done on it right now, so it will most likely be a 6.x feature.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.