Compare multiple nodes in one graph

(Silas Hansen) #1

We recently upgraded from ES 1.4.5, running the marvel plugin for monitoring, to ES 5.3.2, now running the monitoring through Kibana 5.3.2.

I am missing the option to select multiple nodes have their metrics plotted in the same graph overview. That really gave us a clear indication that something unusual was going on, if one of the nodes deviated heavily from the others.

Is that option not available anymore through the default monitoring?

(Marius Dragomir) #2

This is no longer part of of Monitoring. You could achieve something similar with a visualization based on a .monitoring* index pattern. There an enhancement request for this already added in the x-pack repo.

(Silas Hansen) #3

Ah, okay - thanks for the answer.

Do you have any idea of the timeframe for the enhancement and can I track the progress anywhere?

(Marius Dragomir) #4

The issue is in our private repo (so it is kinda hard to track), I did talk with the monitoring team, but the only thing i can tell you is that there is no work being done on it right now, so it will most likely be a 6.x feature.

(system) #5

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.