Configuration issue: "xpack.security.enrollment.enabled must be set to true"

Hi,
I wanted to install the commercial version of kibana, but I was initially given only one enrollment token when I started using Docker for building purposes.

Now I want to generate a new enrollment token via the enrollment generator tool in the bin directory of the Elasticsearch, but every single time I use the tool I encounter this error:

I tried to add xpack.security.enrollment.enabled: true to the Elasticsearch yml file but I got the same exact error as above.

Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?

The other issue I am facing is when I want to use kibana for building purposes on Docker, I get the error message "could not fetch" after I insert both the enrollment token and the verification key.

The second problem also needs some help.

I also understand that this service is blocked in my region. I just need clarification because my installation process has been difficult.

Thank you.

How exactly do you run the elasticsearch-create-enrollment-token tool ? Is your elasticsearch node running in Docker too ? How do you spin the container up and how have you configured it ?

For this issue here:

Now I want to generate a new enrollment token via the enrollment generator tool in the bin directory of the Elasticsearch, but every single time I use the tool I encounter this error:

I used CMD and not Docker terminal. I downloaded the latest version from here Download Kibana Free | Get Started Now | Elastic and run .\bin\kibana.bat in the root directory in cmd to install kibana.

To generate the enrollment token I used the bin\elasticsearch-create-enrollment-token.bat --scope kibana (This is the windows version of the command which I run in cmd) in the root directory of elastic and I encountered this error:

I added the xpack.security.enrollment.enabled: true to the Elasticsearch yml file and had the same error as above.

For Docker, I pulled both images and run the kibana and Elasticsearch containers.

I used ES Docker terminal to generate the enrollment token (I used bin/elasticsearch-create-enrollment-token -s kibana) and Kibana terminal to get the verification keys (for that I used bin/kibana-verification-code).

for the enrollment token generator tool, I changed to the bin directory of ES and typed the name of the tool.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.