Configuring indices for monitoring using new template API

Hello!
I have a question.
In this document, it uses _template API.
But I recognize the _template API is deprecated in Elasticsearch version 7.8.
Is this document correct in the version after 7.8?
I am trying to configure indices for monitoring, so I was wondering if I should use _template API in Elasticsearch version 7.8 and after.
Thanks!

We do not support the alteration of system indices like the Monitoring ones.

Can you please elaborate more on what you are trying to do, and why.

Thanks for your reply!
So do you mean the documentation about "Configuring indices for monitoring" is now unsupported?
It would be nice to have a comment on the document!
I am trying to increase the number of shards, because my monitoring index is growing.

Growing how large?

No I mean altering the indices that are used for internal system process is not a supported practise. If you change them, those changes are likely to be reverted during future upgrades.

It is growing up to 50GB/index now, and I am trying to add monitoring targets so it will get bigger.
Okay, I am not trying to alternate it, but trying to set the number of replicas using the template as this document explains. → Configuring indices for monitoring | Elasticsearch Guide [7.14] | Elastic
But this uses the legacy _template API, and was wondering if this is supported after version 7.8 (which _template API has been deprecated)

You should find that most of the templates have "auto_expand_replicas" : "0-1", did you want more than 1 replica?

I am so sorry, I wanted to increase the number of shards, not replicas.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.