Conflicting field mappings

We're trying to upgrade from ELK 1.7.1 to 2.3
However until we fixed the conflict field mapping on the .kibana index, we cannot move forward with the upgrade.
Error from the Migration Checker:
Conflicting field mappings:
Mapping for field dashboard:hits conflicts with: search:hits. Check parameter: type
"dashboard" : {
"properties" : {
"description" : {
"type" : "string"
},
"hits" : {
"type" : "long"
},
"search" : {
"columns" : {
},
},
"type" : "integer"
},

I am not sure how to fix this, please help

Hi, it looks like you are running into this similar issue: Java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Mapper for [hits] conflicts with existing mapping in other types

Please try Jon's suggestion in this comment: Java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Mapper for [hits] conflicts with existing mapping in other types

I am not getting any exception as noted on your comments. Users can access Kibana UI without any issue.
My problem is related to this link below
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/2.0/breaking_20_mapping_changes.html#_conflicting_field_mappings
It says that .kibana index must be deleted and re-index, how can I do this without losing all the objects that users have created in Kibana?
The whole company uses it.
Please help

You may need to export all your objects, then reimport them.

Hi warkolm, can you please provide an example on how to export and reimport the objects.

Greatly appreciated.

Have a look at https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/managing-saved-objects.html

Hi Mark
I tried to recreate this problem in our QA environment with 1 logstash, 1 Kibana & 3 Elasticsearch servers. The .kibana mapping has the same settings but when I ran the Migration checker it did not show any conflict as in production environment. I am not sure how to address this, please help.
In production the message was " Mapping for field dashboard:hits conflicts with: search:hits. Check parameter: type "

"dashboard" : {
},

"search" : {
"columns" : {
},
},

Did you export them and then reimport them as suggested?

Yes, I did Mark, still the same problem