Java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Mapper for [hits] conflicts with existing mapping in other types

I cannot open the Dashboard in Kibana and when I check the elasticsearch.log I see this

[2016-01-25 16:14:37,421][DEBUG][action.admin.indices.mapping.put] [search-wa] failed to put mappings on indices [[.kibana]], type [dashboard] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Mapper for [hits] conflicts with existing mapping in other types: [mapper [hits] cannot be changed from type [long] to [int]]

elasticsearch.log

What version of Kibana are you using? Do you remember what happened before this error occurred?

I'm using: kibana-4.3.1-linux-x64, logstash-2.1.1, elasticsearch 2.1.1

I just created a Line Chart and then wanted to clicked on Dashboard Tab but tab does nothing. This error was in log.

A complete restart hasn't helped either

Have you ran a newer branch of Kibana recently? There was a bug that may have caused this issue.

Can you try exporting your saved objects, deleting the .kibana index from elasticsearch, and reimporting?

Where can I download a newer version? Or do I have to build it?

4.3.1 is the latest version. We publish snapshots of our master branch which can be found at https://github.com/elastic/kibana#snapshot-builds. You can also build yourself by cloning the repo, checking out the branch you want, and running npm install && npm run build.

1 Like