Confused about certain yml settings

Scenario 1

Suppose i have a 3 node cluster(n1,n2,n3) + a kibana node that has an ES coordinating node(n4) on its box that it uses to communicate with the 3 node cluster. n1,n2,n3 are all master/data.

1a) On which nodes(n1->n4) do i need to set discovery.zen.minimum_master_nodes: 2?
1b) Do i need to set discovery.zen.ping.unicast.hosts: [n1.ip, n2.ip, n3.ip] on all 4 nodes?

Scenario 2

Suppose i have a 5 node cluster(n1->n5) + a kibana node that has an ES coordinating node(n6) on its box that it uses to communicate with the 5 node cluster. n1,n2,n3 are dedicated master nodes while n4,n5 are dedicated data nodes.

2a) On which nodes(n1->n6) do i need to set discovery.zen.minimum_master_nodes: 2?
2b) For this cluster configuration, is discovery.zen.ping.unicast.hosts: [n1.ip, n2.ip, n3.ip] the correct setting? This assumes it's sufficient to only reference the 3 master nodes.
2c) If so, which nodes(n1->n6) do i apply discovery.zen.ping.unicast.hosts: [n1.ip, n2.ip, n3.ip] to?

Closing

Basically, im confused in which nodes' (kibana coordinating node included) elasticsearch.yml files i need to set discovery.zen.minimum_master_nodes and discovery.zen.ping.unicast.hosts. Thanks.

You should set this on all nodes.

Yes

Set it on all nodes

Looks correct

This need to be set on all nodes as they all need to be able to connect to the cluster.

Ok thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.