Control/filter how to show only possible values

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

I'm trying to filter with controls and I would like to have only possible values when I choose a filter and I have to filter with another one.
Above an example:

| filter 1 | filter 2 |
| apple | fruits |
|lemon |vegetables |
| orange | animals |
| melon |
| tomato |
| potato |
| bird |
| dog |

For example if we decide to filter with filter2 ANIMALS we will have as result all the options of filter 1.

| filter 1 | filter 2 |
| apple | animals |
|lemon |
| orange |
| melon |
| tomato |
| potato |
| bird |
| dog |

BUT we want to have only in filter 1 the animals: BIRD and DOG.
| filter 1 | filter 2 |
| dog | animals |
| bird |

This is what we are wishing for.
We have tried with parent control choosing filter2 as parent and filter1 as child and this works but the problem is that the filter1 is locked if filter 2 isn't selected and we don't like it.

@pratverd Seems like you are talking about the legacy input controls, which have always been experimental and have been deprecated since version 8.3. In the new controls, there is no need to set up a parent-child relationship - left-to-right chaining is enabled by default, which would mean (in your case) selecting "lemon" and "orange" in control 1 would make it so that only "fruits" is available in control 2.

We don't currently have the option for right-to-left/bi-directional chaining - this means that, if you select "fruits" in control 2, all options will still be available in control 1. Here's a link to the feature request for this - if you feel like this would be a useful feature for your use case, feel free to leave a comment on that issue so that we can track user requests :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.