Control visualization is not working as expected

Hello everybody,

I am comparing the same control visualisation for two different timespans.
No other filter is being applied.

With control visualisation, I mean this visualisation type:

At first, I choose a timespan of one year (a year ago to now):

Then, I applied a smaller timespan (last 10 days):

I compared the presented elements of the control visualizations regarding the applied time filter.
In my understanding, all presented elements of the control visualization with the time filter "for the last 10 days" should exist in the list of the presented elements of the control visualization with the time filter "a year ago to now".

Unfortunately, this is not the case. I have found elements in the selection of the control visualization with the time filter "for the last 10 days" which do not exist in the list of the presented elements of the control visualization with the time filter "a year ago to now".

Can somebody please explain why this happens?
Is this a bug or something? How can I solve this issue? I do not want this kind of behaviour!

These are the settings of the control visualisation:

option_option

Moreover, there is an exclamation mark, next to the control visualization:

Unfortunately, I do not have access to kibana.yml.
Are there other ways how I can solve this issue?

With best regards
Alex

Hey @Treki,

Since you don't have the Use time filter option enabled under Options, I don't believe the elements that populate the control should change at all when you change the time span.

Does the field that you're using for the control have a very large number of possible values across your entire dataset? I wonder if that is causing a problem, given the error in your last screenshot, and you're getting a partial list each time. Does enabling Use time filter help?

Brian

Hello @brianseeders ,

thank you for your message.

When I enable the Use time filter option for the control visualisation, which time filter will the visualisation use? The time filter from the control visualisation or the time filter in the Dashboard, where I installed the control visualisation?

Oh yes! 1000 possible values.
Unfortunately, it did not help to activate the Use time filter option for the control visualisation. From the 300 possible values which the control visualisation should show, I can only select 50 random possible values.

It seems to me that the control visualisation is not working correctly.

With best regards
Alex

@brianseeders , any suggestions on what I can do?
Is this a bug?

@AClerk , do you have an idea?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.