Controls Visualization does not work when it is imported

Hi, everyone

I have an issue when I import some visualizations on Elastic Stack 6.8.0. Kibana warns me that these visualizations have another index pattern.

Import

I set the new index pattern and visualiations are imported correctly, however, Controls visualization does not work:

Is it a bug? Is it necessary to import index pattern before?

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Hey @RdrgPorto,

On the saved objects management screen (Management => Saved Objects), locate this visualization, and click the inspect action:

In that screen, you should see a reference to an index pattern. If you know what you're doing, go ahead and correct that reference. Otherwise, post it here and we can try to walk you through it

1 Like

Hi @Larry_Gregory

That workaround I already knew it. However, it is the only way to fix it? It is tedious when you import dashboards from one Kibana to another. Moreover, this kind of behaviour only affect to controls visualization.

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo :vulcan_salute:

@RdrgPorto,

It looks like the controls visualization has a known bug related to this: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/20261.

You're right, I would expect this to behave the same way as the rest of the visualization types. I suggest voting on the issue I linked above so that the team can properly prioritize this.

1 Like

Hi @Larry_Gregory

Thanks,

Have a nice week :vulcan_salute: ,

Rodrigo

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.