Controls visualization filter uses the default index pattern

Hello community! I hope someone can help.

I'd like to have the Controls visualization filter for particular value. I can do this in other visualizations such as the data table but since when creating the controls visualization I'm not forced to select a data pattern upon creation I've run into an issue which I hope someone here can help.
The Controls visualization works for the most part but when I go to add a filter (upper left), the dropdown gives me elements of my "default" index pattern and I don't have a way to change that to the index pattern I wish to use.

I'm using Kibana version: v 7.6.2, Elasticsearch version: v 7.6.2

Steps to reproduce

1. Create and index and add a few records
PUT /error_test_index
{
   "mappings": {
       "properties": {
        "time" : {
           "type" : "date",
           "format" : "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ssZZ"
        }
       }
   }
 }
  1. Create 'error' index pattern for the error_test_index.
  2. Create a Controls visualization and select Add -> index pattern = error and field = time
  3. Select 'Add filter' in the upper left. The drop down displays fields from my default index and not the error_test_index
    How can I get this filter to use the error index pattern and not the default?
    Many thanks! --- Lou

Unfortunately, you have hit a bug: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/62115
please subscribe to that issue to get updates on the resolution

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.