Could you confirm if changes made to the index will be consistently reflected in the associated data view?

If I link an index to a data view, will updates made to the index be automatically reflected in the data view, ensuring that my visualizations always display the latest data?

Hi @Anupama2262

welcome to the Kibana community.
A DataView is just a "projection"/"view" of a set of indexes/streams in Elasticsearch.

Hi @Marco_Liberati

Thanks for the reply.

Is there a way to embed a Kibana dashboard into my React application without relying on an iframe?

Additionally, how can I programmatically generate user-specific reports or charts in PDF or CSV format from my React application using Kibana APIs?

no, iframe is the only way to embed dashboards.

Ok.

I noticed an option to generate PDF/CSV when sharing a dashboard in Kibana, as mentioned in a YouTube video. However, I cannot see this option in my free trial version. Is the PDF generation feature not available in the free trial version? Is there any way to use kibana API to generate PDF/CSV, if so how can I do that?

Thank you for your patience, and I apologize for the many questions @Marco_Liberati. As I am new to Elasticsearch and Kibana, I would like to understand all the available options.

The reporting feature needs a commercial license or running on cloud.elastic.co.
You can activate a trial locally if you want to test it.

1 Like