Create Elastic Maps for index pattern apm-*

Kibana version : 7.6

Elasticsearch version : 7.6

APM Server version : 7.3.2

APM Agent language and version : java 1.9.0

Fresh install or upgraded from other version? fresh install

Is there anything special in your setup? For example, are you using the Logstash or Kafka outputs? Are you using a load balancer in front of the APM Servers? Have you changed index pattern, generated custom templates, changed agent configuration etc. :-----No

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant) :

I am trying to map my store locations in a Map . I have stored my storelocation , latitude as a label on the apm span. How can I map these latitudes to create or map it in Elastic Maps. I see client.geo.location .Is there a way I can map my apm spans properties to client.geo.location .

Any Updates on this?

Hi @anjana1,
sorry for the late response on your question. Please check out the answer to a similar question on another discuss entry explaining an option how to map apm labels to client.geo.*. Does this solve your question regarding the mapping?

This is still under development correct? We don't have the feature yet .Am I right?

The discussed feature in the agents is not implemented yet. But my colleague describes how to use ingest node pipelines to rename dedicated fields. You can already now make use of the described pipelines.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.