Create Field for Control Visualization

I am looking at creating a friendly ID for use in the Controls Visualization to aid in filtering dashboard results. For some reason, I can't seem to create a field which is available in the Field selector of that visualization.

I started off by just adding a field and populating the data in the index using update_by_query. This created a non-aggregatable string field, however a .keyword field was also created which was aggregatable. I refreshed the index pattern but neither of these was available in the Controls Visualization field drop-down.

So I manually created a keyword field, verified it was aggregatable, and populated some data to that field in the index. I, again refreshed the index pattern but still I cannot see these fields in the Field selector when configuring a controls visualization.

What am I missing? What sort of field should I be creating in order to allow the use of the Controls Visualization?

Hey @stevezemlicka, interesting. Could you confirm if you see this field when trying to create any other visualization (for example vertical bar chart or lens vis)?

1 Like

I just finally got back to this and it turns out it is now working. I'm not sure if it just took some time but it seems to be good now.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.