Dashboard with index fields as dropdown

Hi,

I have index with 8 fields. 4 of them are counters and 4 of them are keywords.
For each counters I want to create 4 visualizations (avg per every keywords).

But in my dashboard I don't want to have 16 visualizations, only 4 (only for one chosen counter).
The switching between counters can looks like "controls" visualization or in other way.

Is it possible to achive this ?

BR

Hello @gofbor

What version of the elastic stack are you using?

It sounds like the controls visualization might be of help to you - https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/controls.html

That said, using the controls visualization would necessitate changing the way you're storing data since they work as a filter. If you're able and interested in doing this please share a couple of example documents so we can discuss.

Hi,

I'm using ELK 7.3.2.
Through the control visualization you can choose a specific value of the field, but you can't choose the field itself.

To simplify I have 4 fields (2 keywords and 2 counters(int)):
keywords: vendor, server_type
counters: latency, drop_packets

I want dashboard with only 2 charts:
avg latency/vendor and avg latency/server_type

And in dashboard I want to switch between counters (latency, drop_packets)

In fact I have tons of counters and keyword, so that's why I don't want to create too many charts.

BR.

Through the control visualization you can choose a specific value of the field, but you can't choose the field itself.

This is correct.

I'm trying to think of how you could turn this into a filtering problem so it would work well with the control visualization but I think I'm missing the field you'd need to filter on. Perhaps some combination of the keyword fields? Might be helpful if you could share the document format.