Dashboard with index fields as dropdown

Hi,

I have index with 8 fields. 4 of them are counters and 4 of them are keywords.
For each counters I want to create 4 visualizations (avg per every keywords).

But in my dashboard I don't want to have 16 visualizations, only 4 (only for one chosen counter).
The switching between counters can looks like "controls" visualization or in other way.

Is it possible to achive this ?

BR

Hello @gofbor

What version of the elastic stack are you using?

It sounds like the controls visualization might be of help to you - https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/controls.html

That said, using the controls visualization would necessitate changing the way you're storing data since they work as a filter. If you're able and interested in doing this please share a couple of example documents so we can discuss.

Hi,

I'm using ELK 7.3.2.
Through the control visualization you can choose a specific value of the field, but you can't choose the field itself.

To simplify I have 4 fields (2 keywords and 2 counters(int)):
keywords: vendor, server_type
counters: latency, drop_packets

I want dashboard with only 2 charts:
avg latency/vendor and avg latency/server_type

And in dashboard I want to switch between counters (latency, drop_packets)

In fact I have tons of counters and keyword, so that's why I don't want to create too many charts.

BR.

Through the control visualization you can choose a specific value of the field, but you can't choose the field itself.

This is correct.

I'm trying to think of how you could turn this into a filtering problem so it would work well with the control visualization but I think I'm missing the field you'd need to filter on. Perhaps some combination of the keyword fields? Might be helpful if you could share the document format.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.