Create multiple dashboard from a dashboard template

Hello guys,
I would like to generate similar dashboards for values of a field.
for each value of the field -> generate dashboard
is there any way to do it on Kibana?
I did it manualy for some values, using filters, but there is a lot of values in my field so it would be really helpful if someone could help me :slight_smile:

Thanks!

There are two general approaches to this -

If this is just about filtering, why not using a single dashboard and input controls (Filter dashboard data with controls | Kibana Guide [8.3] | Elastic). This will allow your user to easily switch between the multiple "dashboards"

If it's not just about filtering but there are other differences - you could try exporting the dashboard saved object via stack management, then edit that file (e.g. search/replace for the field name you want to change) and re-import. Keep in mind that this way of editing is not officially supported so there might be unexpected pitfalls.

Thanks for the quick answer!
I think input controls might be a good solution at the end because if I have new values in my field I would like to have a new dashboard generate without changing manualy the values so I guess I will try it

Ok so using input controls was a pretty good solution thanks!
Now I have another issue, on my dashboard I have some visualizations that are the total of running process (using index1), and some that depends on the filter of the inputcontrols (using index2) that's why the filter is apply on the dashboard. But when I apply the filter on index1, it also apply and fucked visualization on index2.
In fact I just saw that many people already reported it.. "Ignore Global Filter" for all visualization types · Issue #17789 · elastic/kibana · GitHub
I think would be a really nice feature to have on Lens :slight_smile:

The courier:ignoreFilterIfFieldNotInIndex advanced setting might help with this too

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.