Kibana Dashboard Filter on field

Hi,

I have created a set of visualizations on one index pattern. I have added all of them into one dashboard. There are more than 10 visualizations. I want to be able to filter the dashboard based on a field in the index called 'lifecycle'.

The lifecycle can have many possible values. I want one dashboard and be able to add the value to filter on in the dashboard itself.

Right now I am having to create all visualizations for each possible value of 'lifecycle' and then create separate dashboards for each lifecycle.

Is there any way to pass this 'lifecycle' as a parameter within one dashboard and let it fetch data accordingly?

I actually missed it, but dashboard has the option for filter on a field.

Is there any way to pass this 'lifecycle' as a parameter within one dashboard and let it fetch data accordingly?

Yes, Dashboards will apply filters to all visualizations.

You should be able to create one set of visualizations that do not have any filters applied. This means the visualizations will show values for all lifecycle options.

Then create a dashboard and add the non-filtered visualizations.

At this point you have several options.

1. Save a single dashboard and allow users to filter the lifecycle with the Add filter button in the Search Bar.
  2. Add an Input Controls Visualization to allow users to filter the lifecycle as desired.
  3. Save a dashboard per lifecycle that already has the filter applied.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.