How to apply a filter to a control visualization

In Kibana 7.10.1, I have a dashboard with multiple visualizations, each with its own filter based on the same property on the same index. I added a dropdown control that will allow the user to filter by one of those values. I wanted to populate the dropdown with a superset of the values that the other visualizations contain. Is there any way to apply a filter to that control so that I can only show some of the values for that property? If I try to add a filter, the filter does not even let me select that property, as if it is looking at a different index.

I don't think that this is possible but @devon.thomson maybe you can give more information here.

Yes @Stratoula_Kalafateli is correct that this is not possible at the moment. We have an ehnancement request filled out to add this functionality to the new controls.

Alternatively, you can work around this issue by creating a filtered alias in Elasticsearch and creating your controls using that alias.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @devon.thomson, will pursue that option

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.