Create new user in kibana

I am trying to create a new user with the privilege kibana-user. But when I log in, I get an Oops error! Error. Try again.

Hi ,
What are the steps you took to create an user ? I advise you to follow this guide : https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elastic-stack-overview/current/get-started-users.html

On 7.2 I tried and I get no errors.

Thanks
Rashmi

I do everything as shown in the example, but I do not have access to the user "elastic". But my account also has "superuser"privileges.
Also I tried to add a user from the cloud version of elasticsearch and everything works correctly. Maybe the problem is in the configuration files?
Also my kibana version is older than elastic

What version of the stack are you on ?

Elasticsearch - 6.7.0
Kibana - 6.6.1

If you put the role 'kibana_system', everything works, but with 'kibana_user' no.

Can u please provide more verbose kibana logs ?

Thanks
Rashmi

How can I do that?

There are some config variables we can use to gain more control of log output. For posterity, here are some of the possible config values you could set, either in kibana.yml or via the command line when calling bin/kibana .

setting desc effect
logging.silent bool no output, don't even setup the logging output
logging.quiet bool Only log messages tagged with error or fatal tags, or errors caught by hapi
logging.verbose bool Log all the things, including information about system usage and every request
logging.events map of log types to the tags they should output. Supports * tag provides access to every possible combination of logging output filtering. Also can add support for custom loggers setup by plugins, etc.

once you set this, you can see the verbose logs.

Once you enable verbose logging please restart the Kibana process. You can use the logging.dest setting to specify a file where Kibana should log to. While you're at it, set logging.verbose: true in your kibana.yml too. That will give us the most information so that we can help you further.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.