We are using ELK stack (6.8.4)for application and server log analysis. We have installed the Elasticsearch and Kibana components of ELK and also we have created default visualizations.
It will be of great help if you can help us with below mentioned queries.
- How to perform mathematical formulas with the data (For e.g. If I have 100 requests from an application, out of which 20 requests are erroneous, how to get the % error of an application)
- How to create a table which will be differentiated by distinct column name instead of distinct rows. (For e.g. There is a severity field which has values Severity1, Severity2 & Severity3, we want the error in the applications to be classified as
- How to create visualizations based on the cumulative data, such as calculating % across applications
- Subtraction of two field values. For Eg. Count of Total Requests – Count of Requests with Severity1
- How to save a count of a field in a variable to perform future mathematics and then visualize it
- We are using ELK 6.8.7 with APM tool for Application Dashboards.
We want to create some custom dashboard which requires some application specific data , which is currently not available so is there any way to add additional attributes in built-in APM JSON? if yes, how to add those attributes?