Creating custom visualizations in Kibana

We are using ELK stack (6.8.4)for application and server log analysis. We have installed the Elasticsearch and Kibana components of ELK and also we have created default visualizations.

It will be of great help if you can help us with below mentioned queries.

1. How to perform mathematical formulas with the data (For e.g. If I have 100 requests from an application, out of which 20 requests are erroneous, how to get the % error of an application)
  2. How to create a table which will be differentiated by distinct column name instead of distinct rows. (For e.g. There is a severity field which has values Severity1, Severity2 & Severity3, we want the error in the applications to be classified as
    API
  3. How to create visualizations based on the cumulative data, such as calculating % across applications
  4. Subtraction of two field values. For Eg. Count of Total Requests – Count of Requests with Severity1
  5. How to save a count of a field in a variable to perform future mathematics and then visualize it
  6. We are using ELK 6.8.7 with APM tool for Application Dashboards.
    We want to create some custom dashboard which requires some application specific data , which is currently not available so is there any way to add additional attributes in built-in APM JSON? if yes, how to add those attributes?

Hi @SunilSMenon
I'm sorry for the late reply, have you already found the answers to your questions?
If not I can give you some hints on how to solve them

Hi,

Thanks for your email, can you please respond for point number 2

Sure thing, you can use TSVB table for that:

you can specify the Group By field parameter to group by API name and than you can create one Metric per Severity: keep the count (if the count is your metric) and add a filter in the Metrics Options panel like severity : "SEV1"

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.