Curator 5.5.1

We have been attempting to use Curator in our elastic environment and are running into a wall. We have Curator installed, setup curator.yml file and an action file to delete indices. We've enabled log at the DEBUG level. Ultimately we aren't seeing indices getting deleted and have no console log telling us what is possibly the reason for this.

curator.yml

---
# Remember, leave a key empty if there is no value.  None will be a string,
# not a Python "NoneType"
client:
  hosts:
    - X.X.X.X
  port: 9200
  url_prefix:
  use_ssl: True
  certificate: 'E:\Certs\xxx.pem'
  client_cert: 'E:\Certs\xxx.crt'
  client_key: 'E:\Certs\xxx.key'
  ssl_no_validate: False
  http_auth: user:pass
  timeout: 30
  master_only: False

logging:
  loglevel: DEBUG
  logfile: 
  logformat: default
  blacklist: []

actionfile.yml

---
actions:
  1:
    action: delete_indices
    description: "description"
    options:
      ignore_empty_list: True
      disable_action: True
      continue_if_exception: True
      timeout_override:
    filters:
    - filtertype: pattern
      kind: prefix
      value: 'monitoring-es-6-'
      exclude: False
    - filtertype: age
      source: name
      direction: older
      timestring: '%Y.%m.%d'
      unit: days
      unit_count: 1
      exclude: False

our command

./curator --config E:\Curator\Config\curator.yml E:\Curator\Config\actionfile.yml 

we see no console logs telling us what could've possibly went right/wrong. We do not see anything happen on the elastic side either.

Any ideas/help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Mani

I have a similar issue today. And this is first time i am using curator. I was installing on Amazon Linux ami and was thinking it could be something in there that could be causing curator to fail with out logging. curator --help and curator --version does seem to work fine though.. I am also hitting a wall like you.

apparently this is some kind of error in 5.5.1 or something..

How was Curator installed? One of the prebuilt packages/MSI installer? Or using pip?

Also, rather than trust console logging, what happens if you specify a log file? Anything?

I've installed Curator using the msi. Yes, I specified a log file name and it created the log file but no data in it.

It is running on a windows 2012 Server btw.

Thank you!

I got Curator to work and here's how.

There was also a typo in the cert file name (wrong cert name) in the curator.yml. I cleaned out my original unzipped version and reinstalled curator.

I also removed anything in the black list.

blacklist: []

Everything ran as expected after this. Thank you so much for your help!

Mani

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.