Custom Deployment

Hi experts,

I am beginning to use ES, and i know ES comes with embedded server. Is it possible to deploy ES on custom server say weblogic, websphere, etc. If possible, then how, also what are the pros and cons ? Could i loose any functionality going that route ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Lukes

From version 5.0, running Elasticsearch in embedded mode is no longer supported. You can read more about the reasons for this in this blog post.

Thanks @Christian_Dahlqvist for the quick response. So it means, it can't be embedded with other servers. It has to be standalone. BTW what server does ES uses(sorry couldn't find the information).

Regards,
Lukes

The http server is netty, if that is what you mean.

Yup, that's what i was looking for. Thanks @warkolm.

Regards.

Is it possible to package ES server in 1 jar ? What i mean is, rather than running/starting es from script where all the scripts, jars and configuration files, is it possible to package everything in 1 jar ? And then running that jar would bring up everything ? Has anyone tried that, is possible at first place ? If possible, any pros and cons ?

It might look stupid question, but just trying to think loud.

Regards,
Lukes.

ES doesn't support embedded installations like that sorry.

Thanks. Just wondering, are there any other ways of packaging(from past experience ?) apart from zipping in java world along with custom ear?

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.