Custom Domain Name

I am using cloud.elastic.co instance but it provides you long URL to access ES like XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.us-east-xx.aws.found.io

How is possible to use your own domain name with elastic cloud instance?

I think this blog can help: Custom Domains and Anonymous Access on Elastic Cloud.

2 Likes

Hi @Imma I do not think that is a great solution it's effectively saying put an nginx reverse proxy in front of the load balanced and resilient infrastructure that you are buying from Elastic Cloud.

I notice on previous subjects relating to this (going back 18 months+) it was mentioned that this ability was coming. Do you have any further details?

Nov 2019

Jan 2020

Thanks,
Steven.

1 Like

Hi Steven.

This is one of the most requested features. Customer endpoint aliases are already supported, which was the first step. What we do not yet support is a custom domain.

For that, you would still need a reverse proxy in front of our load balancer/proxies. Unless you don't care about the TLS complain and use a CNAME.

We still do not have an ETA on bringing your own domain for Elasticsearch Service, though it's on our radar.

Imma.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.