Custom y axis interval

I am using Kibana 5.3 and Is there a way i can set y axis as custom interval in line chart and bar charts

Example: The time field of format HH:mm:ss in y axis is to be displayed as 1:00,2:00(that is custom interval of 1 hour).Is the same applicable for numbers(Ex to set custom interval of 5)

Time axis display format can be modified by setting the "advanced settings" dateFormat:scaled. The time interval is determined by the date_histogram aggregation interval. If you want one hour intervals then set the "Buckets / Interval" to "Hourly". I don't think there is a way to set a custom interval for the axis that is displaying "Metric" results.

Timelion, https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/timelion.html, may be another option that provides lots of ways to customize the axises.

Thanks @Nathan_Reese
But I need this interval for y axis so that before hovering the data ,value is visible to some extent

I tried with timelion with kibana 5.5 but I am unable to scale the date format along y axis.
Is there a way this can be done?

Is time on the y-axis? If so, then create a "Horizontal Bar" visualization. The aggregation will be displayed on the y-axis.

1 Like

yes @Nathan_Reese Time is along y axis .Creating horizontal bar visualization seems a good way still the points are in increasing in top-down rather than bottom-up when i plot as a horizontal bargraph

In this case i need the whole graph to be reversed

I need time in y axis in a hourly format that is in metrics.Is there a way this can be done?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.