Kibana version : 7.6
Elasticsearch version : 7.6
APM Server version : 7.3.2
APM Agent language and version : java 1.9.0
Fresh install or upgraded from other version? fresh install
Is there anything special in your setup? For example, are you using the Logstash or Kafka outputs? Are you using a load balancer in front of the APM Servers? Have you changed index pattern, generated custom templates, changed agent configuration etc. :-----No
Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant) :
In my metrics I am tracking the time taken for transactions. I am using span names in X axis as below. In order to make it more user friendly , I want to give different names for the span names . How can I change the names . Can I use the i18n support to provide English translations for these names. Instead of WORKSTATION_OPEN I just want to show RegisterOpen. So is there any way we can use the translation feature and use en.json to map the new value .
I tried to do it by putting the file path in xpack/.i18nrc.json
Also added the vaues in x-pack\plugins\translations\translations\en.json
I don't see the changes reflecting . is there any other option to achieve this .
This is how my en.json is
Do I need to map WORKSTATION_OPEN any where else
Note: I am fetching the span names from my application logs. I can create mapping in my application itself and set the new names but it is lot of data and I don't want to load a new set of data to my application . So was wondering if we can map it somewhere in Kibana .