Static look up disappearing after logout and login

Kibana version : 7.6

Elasticsearch version : 7.6

APM Server version : 7.3.2

APM Agent language and version : java 1.9.0

Fresh install or upgraded from other version? fresh install

Is there anything special in your setup? For example, are you using the Logstash or Kafka outputs? Are you using a load balancer in front of the APM Servers? Have you changed index pattern, generated custom templates, changed agent configuration etc. :-----No

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant) :

I am trying to add Static look ups through Management tab . I created few static look ups for my index pattern and I logged out of my account. On logging back in all my static look ups are disappeared.

Hi @anjana1,

Can you give me some additional details? Which page are the static lookups disappearing from after you logout/login?

Here is what I did: From management -> index patterns, click on your index pattern. Under fields, select Edit under the field you would like to add static look up. Select format -> static lookup and add key/value and save. When I go to discover page I can see the lookups working even after logout/login.

Thanks,
Liza.

Yeah I did the same , but I am not able to reproduce it

Thanks to @anjana1,

Just to clarify you are unable to reproduce the static links disappearing ?

-Liza

yes I am not able to reproduce that behavior now

1 Like

Sounds great! Thank you.

I was able to reproduce the issue. So here is what I did. I went to Kibana home Clicked on Add APM , Clicked on the very last button Load Kibana Objects .. Launch APM. That kind of removed my Static look ups.

Hi @anjana1,

Can you give me a bit more details to reproduce what you are seeing, after you do the APM steps, do you logout and back into discover page and see that they are missing? What steps cause them to reappear ?

Thanks,
Liza

No I don't log out. I went to the page as shown in picture below and clicked on Load Kibana objects. I am in the middle of development . I am trying to add new tags to my spans. So I reload everytime i do a code change. Stactic look ups does not reappear at all once you do Load Kibana Objects and click on Launch APM button. You end up recreating static look up them again.

Hi @anjana1,

I reproduced it, I think, you have a static lookup on the apm index? If so, then clicking Load Kibana objects will clear static lookups.

I see this message:

Is this what you are seeing?

Thanks,
Liza

yes that's correct.

Thanks @anjana1I believe this is expected behavior.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.