Kibana French version

Hi there,

I am trying to evaluate the Elasticsearch + Kibana products and see if using both products will fit the business need we are looking for.

I am an employee of Everteam company, I already installed elasticsearch and kibana.

My question is, does Kibana comes with a default french language pack ? Or this would be something we have to develop on top of Kibana ?

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards,

Hi. No. There are only English, Chinese and Japanese languages. You will need to do the translation yourself using the i18n utility. You can read my recent topic, but it's in Russian :slight_smile:

Hi Vlad,

Thank you for your quick response.
Another question related also to translation if I may:
Is it possible to translate indexed fields in Kibana ? So for example if I have a field, that I have indexed, named DOC_LABEL I would like to translate that in Kibana to show up as "Document Label".

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

This is a tutorial (not produced by Elastic https://srl295.github.io/2017/03/17/translating-kibana/) about what @Vlad_Piratov mentioned.

As far as I know, you can only translate what is in the translation files. Here is an example:

Hello Luca,

Thank you for your response, it is very helpful.

Best Regards,

Dear Vlad,

So if I understood correctly, we cannot translate the indexed fields I marked in yellow in the attached screenshot ?

Best Regards,

Aaaa. It is simple. You need to change the values in the visualization editor. I understand you have already opened ready-made examples that show what and where it comes from and how indexes work :slight_smile:
Change the value in the Custom label

Hello Vlad,

Thank you again for taking the time to reply.
In fact, I am doing a POC for a client and I implemented a complete solution using Spring Data Elastic + Elasticsearch + Kibana so what I am showing you is real indexed data.

I know in the visualize menu I can change the label names for columns, but in my case what I showed you earlier is a "Saved object" query that I saved in the "Discover" tab.

So I can't find a way to translate the columns of my saved object.
Attached is a screenshot of the saved object.

Thanks again for your help,

Best Regards,

This is not possible for discover at the moment. This is the issue if you want to track progress: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/47659

1 Like

Hello Flash,

Thank you for your response, I have my answer now :slight_smile:
You can close the ticket if you like.

Have a good day,

Best Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.