Daily Average Count visualization help

Hi guys,

I've only just started visualizing some data for my work and I was hoping someone could advise how to best go about this request:

• For each error code there is a comparison count of Current Day errors to daily Average using previous 7 days.

So in my data, every document has an error code associated with it (0 being no error).

Is there a nice way to visualize this data? perhaps in a data table? I know I need to split the data on the errorNo term however I am a bit lost trying to figure out which type of bucket aggregation I should be using to do the comparison of current day to the past 7 days daily average.

My first guess is something with the Average Bucket aggregation type but I don't know what Sub Aggregation would be correct.

Any tips?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Actually I think I just figured this out. :smiley:

I used a Data Table to visualize this:

Metrics

Sum Bucket Metric

1. Sum Bucket Aggregation
  2. Date Range Aggregation
  3. @timestamp Field
  4. From: now/d-10 To: now

Average Bucket Metric

1. Average Bucket Aggregation
  2. Date Histogram Aggregation
  3. @timestamp Field
  4. Daily Interval

Buckets

1. Split Rows
  2. Terms Aggregation
  3. errorNo field
  4. Order by Custom Metric: Count

:+1:

Might also mention: date range visualization should default to desktop timezone #14450

Ran into this issue when doing the Sum Bucket Aggregation. Would be nice if now used the browser's TimeZone (or whatever was specified in the Kibana general settings)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.