DakMode in kibana spaces

Hi all, new to Kibana and setting up new spaces, but i want them in darkMode but can't figure out how to do it, any help would be appreciated. I'm using Kibana 7.6.1

Kibana 7.6 is EOL and no longer supported. Please upgrade ASAP.

(This is an automated response from your friendly Elastic bot. Please report this post if you have any suggestions or concerns :elasticheart: )

Hi @thomas4,
Like the bot said 7.6 isn't supported, but you should be able to turn dark mode on for all kibana users by going to: Stack Management | Advanced Settings | General | Dark Mode.
I'm not 100% sure it's there in 7.6 (not running that exact version), but it is present in later versions of 7.x. Good luck!

Hi thanks for the reply but when I change to dark and go into the new spaces they are all in light mode

It might be a per space configuration.

Dark Mode, like most of the other items in the Advanced Settings is Space specific. You will need to set the Dark Mode for each space manually.

1 Like

Thank you, so do I make a space and have no restrictions and then go to settings when all set then go and set restrictions for the users?

You create the Space then you either create a new role and assign that space to the new role, or you can assign the space to your existing roles. Users will be assigned the role, which will have the permissions and the allowed spaces defined. The role dictates what can be done in the space and what index rights are assigned to the users of that role. The space settings dictate what the users can see in the space.

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.