Dashboard Autorefresh still not working in Kibana 8.1.1

Hi,

the dashboard autorefresh issue still seem to persist in Kibana 8.1.1. I created custom dashboard with filters to display some application logs collected by Fluentd and sent to ElasticSearch. AutoReferesh is working fine in Logs - Stream section of Kibana refreshing every 5 seconds.

In my dashboard, not matter if it's saved or just created. No matter if I select relative, absolute or any other date combination that is possible, the autorefresh does happen only once, when the refresh time is set up and never again after that.

Manual refresh works fine.

I noticed some issue like that were happening in previous version of Kibana.

thank you for help.

I just tested this on an 8.1.3 instance and auto refresh is working fine for me.

Does it show the auto refresh time for you next to the time picker?

Could you describe the steps you are doing (with screenshots and what's happening)?

Hello Joe,

i can share screenshots of my kibana setup.
Screenshot_20220725_111135
Screenshot_20220725_111507
Screenshot_20220725_111620

As you can see, refresh option is on. When I create data/info, that should appear in log stream, it's not refreshed showing new logs, unless I manually click on refresh button.

How I created dashboard, that should be refreshing automatically every 5000ms:
I'm deploying kibana/elastic/fluentd by skaffold using these kubernetes manifest

• https://download.elastic.co/downloads/eck/2.1.0/crds.yaml
  • https://download.elastic.co/downloads/eck/2.1.0/operator.yaml

After that, I create my environment on local kube cluster. Post--install hook sets up kibana with a script setting new index pattern using Kibana REST API. (https://<domain name for kibana instance>/api/saved_objects/index-pattern/<patern name>) also I create/update stream log settings (https://<domain name for kibana instance>/api/saved_objects/infrastructure-ui-source/default)

I create new dashboard with filters and auto-refreshing set.

Since I cant add file as attachement, this is my dashboard ndjson file

{
    "attributes": {
        "description": "logs displaying process of every shellchat that ran on the environment",
        "hits": 0,
        "kibanaSavedObjectMeta": {
            "searchSourceJSON": "{\"query\":{\"query\":\"\",\"language\":\"kuery\"},\"filter\":[{\"meta\":{\"alias\":null,\"negate\":false,\"disabled\":false,\"type\":\"phrase\",\"key\":\"hostname\",\"params\":{\"query\":\"v3stack\"},\"indexRefName\":\"kibanaSavedObjectMeta.searchSourceJSON.filter[0].meta.index\"},\"query\":{\"match_phrase\":{\"hostname\":\"v3stack\"}},\"$state\":{\"store\":\"appState\"}},{\"meta\":{\"type\":\"phrases\",\"key\":\"message\",\"params\":[\"shellchat\",\"proc_stdout\",\"proc_stderr\",\"Stage input\",\"shellchat_filenames\",\"shellchats\",\"shellchat_data_list\",\"shellchat_variable_dict\"],\"alias\":null,\"negate\":false,\"disabled\":false,\"indexRefName\":\"kibanaSavedObjectMeta.searchSourceJSON.filter[1].meta.index\"},\"query\":{\"bool\":{\"should\":[{\"match_phrase\":{\"message\":\"shellchat\"}},{\"match_phrase\":{\"message\":\"proc_stdout\"}},{\"match_phrase\":{\"message\":\"proc_stderr\"}},{\"match_phrase\":{\"message\":\"Stage input\"}},{\"match_phrase\":{\"message\":\"shellchat_filenames\"}},{\"match_phrase\":{\"message\":\"shellchats\"}},{\"match_phrase\":{\"message\":\"shellchat_data_list\"}},{\"match_phrase\":{\"message\":\"shellchat_variable_dict\"}}],\"minimum_should_match\":1}},\"$state\":{\"store\":\"appState\"}},{\"meta\":{\"type\":\"phrases\",\"key\":\"message\",\"params\":[\"known_murequest_kinds\",\"reset_mucall_timerhandle\",\"known_mucall_ilks\"],\"alias\":null,\"negate\":true,\"disabled\":false,\"indexRefName\":\"kibanaSavedObjectMeta.searchSourceJSON.filter[2].meta.index\"},\"query\":{\"bool\":{\"should\":[{\"match_phrase\":{\"message\":\"known_murequest_kinds\"}},{\"match_phrase\":{\"message\":\"reset_mucall_timerhandle\"}},{\"match_phrase\":{\"message\":\"known_mucall_ilks\"}}],\"minimum_should_match\":1}},\"$state\":{\"store\":\"appState\"}}]}"
        },
        "optionsJSON": "{\"useMargins\":true,\"syncColors\":true,\"hidePanelTitles\":true}",
        "panelsJSON": "[{\"version\":\"8.1.1\",\"type\":\"LOG_STREAM_EMBEDDABLE\",\"gridData\":{\"x\":0,\"y\":0,\"w\":48,\"h\":25,\"i\":\"7e7fc6de-29ec-4cc1-a16d-92c720d9a7f5\"},\"panelIndex\":\"7e7fc6de-29ec-4cc1-a16d-92c720d9a7f5\",\"embeddableConfig\":{\"enhancements\":{}},\"title\":\"Log stream\"}]",
        "refreshInterval": {
            "pause": false,
            "value": 5000
        },
        "timeFrom": "now-1h",
        "timeRestore": true,
        "timeTo": "now",
        "title": "Shellchat Dashboard",
        "version": 1
    },
    "coreMigrationVersion": "8.1.1",
    "id": "51ab9fc0-077a-11ed-865e-a107d59789c0",
    "migrationVersion": {
        "dashboard": "8.1.0"
    },
    "references": [
        {
            "id": "uhura-desktop-dev-applog",
            "name": "kibanaSavedObjectMeta.searchSourceJSON.filter[0].meta.index",
            "type": "index-pattern"
        },
        {
            "name": "kibanaSavedObjectMeta.searchSourceJSON.filter[1].meta.index",
        },
        {
            "name": "kibanaSavedObjectMeta.searchSourceJSON.filter[2].meta.index",
        },
        {
            "id": "39adfe90-06a8-11ed-b29e-d5c71c15b444",
            "name": "tag-39adfe90-06a8-11ed-b29e-d5c71c15b444",
            "type": "tag"
        },
        {
            "id": "431c8b90-06a8-11ed-b29e-d5c71c15b444",
            "name": "tag-431c8b90-06a8-11ed-b29e-d5c71c15b444",
            "type": "tag"
        }
    ],
    "type": "dashboard",
    "updated_at": "2022-07-19T15:49:05.602Z",
    "version": "WzExNSwxXQ=="
}
{
    "excludedObjects": [],
    "excludedObjectsCount": 0,
    "exportedCount": 1,
    "missingRefCount": 0,
    "missingReferences": []
}

Is this problem only happening for saved searches on a dashboard or visualization panels as well?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.