Dashboard setup fails: Unable to bulk_create index-pattern

Hi

I have installed winlogbeat on a number of machines, and they are successfully shipping logs to Elasticsearch. However, when attempting to setup the dashboards either by setting the config in the winlogbeat.yml file or by running the command, I get the following error.

2021-10-25T09:51:35.273+0700    ERROR   instance/beat.go:989    Exiting: Error importing Kibana dashboards: fail to import the dashboards in Kibana: Error importing directory C:\Program Files\Winlogbeat\kibana: failed to import Kibana index pattern: 1 error: error loading index pattern: returned 403 to import file: Unable to bulk_create index-pattern: <nil>. Response: {"statusCode":403,"error":"Forbidden","message":"Unable to bulk_create index-pattern"}
Exiting: Error importing Kibana dashboards: fail to import the dashboards in Kibana: Error importing directory C:\Program Files\Winlogbeat\kibana: failed to import Kibana index pattern: 1 error: error loading index pattern: returned 403 to import file: Unable to bulk_create index-pattern: <nil>. Response: {"statusCode":403,"error":"Forbidden","message":"Unable to bulk_create index-pattern"}

The permissions all look OK.

Any ideas? Do I need to target a specific file in the C:\Program Files\Winlogbeat\kibana folder?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.