Exiting: error importing Kibana dashboards: fail to import the dashboards in Kibana

While running ./kibana setup -e getting below error

{"log.level":"error","@timestamp":"2023-09-13T12:47:44.064+0530","log.origin":{"file.name":"instance/beat.go","file.line":1274},"message":"Exiting: error importing Kibana dashboards: fail to import the dashboards in Kibana: Error importing directory /apps/filebeat/kibana: failed to import Kibana index pattern: 1 error: error loading index pattern: returned 403 to import file: Unable to bulk_create index-pattern: %!w(). Response: {"statusCode":403,"error":"Forbidden","message":"Unable to bulk_create index-pattern"}","service.name":"filebeat","ecs.version":"1.6.0"}
Exiting: error importing Kibana dashboards: fail to import the dashboards in Kibana: Error importing directory /apps/filebeat/kibana: failed to import Kibana index pattern: 1 error: error loading index pattern: returned 403 to import file: Unable to bulk_create index-pattern: %!w(). Response: {"statusCode":403,"error":"Forbidden","message":"Unable to bulk_create index-pattern"}

Filebeat , elasticsearch and kibana all are on same version.

Kindly help me in this

Hi @ELK_USR1. What version of the Elastic stack are you using?

I assume you mean you are running ./filebeat setup -e, not ./kibana setup -e.

The 403 error indicates that you do not have permissions to access Kibana. In this case you may need to specify the filebeat_internal username and password with -E flags as shown here.

Thanks @nickpeihl I am using the below version
elasticsearch:8.8.1
filebeat:8.8.1
kibana:8.8.1

I am running the ./filebeat setup -e using the internal file beat user only.

Hi @ELK_USR1. Is your Kibana listening on localhost:5601? Maybe you need to specify some connection parameters? For example:

./filebeat setup -E setup.kibana.host=192.168.3.206:5601 -E setup.kibana.username=elastic -E setup.kibana.password=secret

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.