Data consistency issue in Visualize

Kibana version: 5.6.2

Elasticsearch version: 5.6.2

Server OS version: Red Hat 4.8.5-11

Browser version:

  1. Google Chrome 61.0.3163.100
  2. Firefox 52.4.0

Browser OS version: Windows 7 64-bit

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior:

A vertical bar chart is created in Visualize, let's take TEST Company for example.
In the bar chart, when I move mouse to hover on the bar representing TEST Company, the count is 4.

But when I click on the bar item, the filter client_name.keyword: "TEST Company" is set, the count becomes 6.

I also checked this in other types of charts like pie:

I checked data in Discovery:

Notes: It does not happen for all the items, but does happen quite often.

Document counts in terms aggregations are approximations, has a more detailed explanation.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.