Data nodes fail to connect with a separate monitoring node

I recently created a monitoring node and configured everything as per the documentation on setting up a separate monitoring node for our production elasticsearch nodes.When I tried restarting one of the data nodes it says
[ERROR][o.e.x.m.e.h.VersionHttpResource] failed to verify minimum version [5.0.0-beta1] on the [xpack.monitoring.exporters.id1] monitoring cluster
org.elasticsearch.client.ResponseException: GET http://1NODE_IP:9200/?filter_path=version.number: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"security_exception","reason":"unable to authenticate user [remote_monitor] for REST request [/?filter_path=version.number]","header":{"WWW-Authenticate":"Basic realm="security" charset="UTF-8""}}],"type":"security_exception","reason":"unable to authenticate user [remote_monitor] for REST request [/?filter_path=version.number]","header":{"WWW-Authenticate":"Basic realm="security" charset="UTF-8""}},"status":401}

But I'm able to curl the monitor node from datanode using the same credentials.
Can I get some help?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.