Data table visualization - display other value then matric value

(Shneor Asa) #1

Hi,
I have a question, how can i display some value on data table visualization based on other field matric?
For example I have Max matric on 'date' field
But i want to display some other value from the Document returned by metric.

(Bhavya R M) #2

Hi,

I am not sure I understand your question? But this is an example of how you can use the data table visualization.

I am doing a max(metric aggregation) on bytes and splitting it over buckets of terms.

This is our documentation on data table aggregation: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/6.2/data-table.html

Also this video explains how Kibana uses ES aggregations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-eCKDhj-Os

Let me know if this helps?

Thanks,
Bhavya

(Shneor Asa) #3

Hi
let me rephrase...

lets say i have metric aggregation by Max on timestamp.
and i also have bucket aggregation by terms of some string field
So now i have a table of data which every row is group of documents that show the Max value of timestamp. am i right?

my question is, there is a way to get the specific document that hold the max value of timestamp within the group?

because i want display some other field's value in the specific document that have the Max value of 'timestamp' key.

right now i don't know how, because buckets are groups of documents, and I need a single one. the one who have the Max value of 'timestamp' in the bucket.

i hope this is more clearer.

thanks!

(Shneor Asa) #4

any idea?

(Shneor Asa) #5

I know how to do it by query,

POST automationmonitoring/_doc/_search
{
"size": 0,
"aggs": {
"by_district": {
"terms": {
"field": "description.keyword",
"size": 50
},
"aggs": {
"max_date": {
"max": {
"field": "timestamp"
}
},
"include_source": {
"top_hits": {
"size": 1,
"_source": {
"includes": [
"successrate"
]
}
}
}
}
}
}
}

So, all i need now is to figure out how to do that on dashboard visualization.
Any suggestions?

thanks.

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.