Show metric value in Kibana data table visualization

Hello,

I want to show value in a data table no some number.
Example : I have list of applications ( a1,a2...a5) as rows and different OS versions ( windows, linux..) as column. each combination will have status as pass, fail, NA... how do I show these values in the table.
Currently options under metric, I can show only numeric values.

Thanks!

Hi,

what you are asking for is currently not achievable in Kibana. You can theoretically use "Top hits" to output the string value of a single field (like your status field) of the most recent document. But you cannot create a buckets aggregation that would split columns depending on the OS version.

Cheers,
Tim

Thanks!
Which visualization I can use to print the value of the particular field. Its not numeric value though.

All visualizations are basically build upon the aggregation principle of Kibana. If you want to print values of individual documents, you can use Discover and save the table there. But that won't help you achieving your desired result. I am not aware that there is currently any possibility to build that exact table you are asking for in Kibana.

Cheers,
Tim

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.