Date format set in advanced settings not replicated in CSV export from Discover

Version: Kibana 6.8.23

I set up a customized date format in Management > Advanced Settings of my Kibana UI to YYYY-MM-DD-THH:mm:ss which works well when I look at the data in Discover tab or Dashboard view. However, once I save a search, and use the Share > CSV Reports > Generate CSV, the output CSV file shows the data in the former "default" date format MMMM Do YYYY, HH:mm:ss.SSS that I originally replaced.

Advanced Settings setup:

Date format in Discover Tab showing the correct date format:
Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 1.55.17 PM

Date format in exported CSV file showing the former default date format instead of the new one set up in Advanced Settings:
Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 1.53.58 PM

PS: I know that the actual time does not matched since the CSV is in UTC and that's not my problem here. My issue is the date format not being properly replicated in my CSV exports.

Unfortunately, there is no formatting of csv in 6.x. I am trying to find the pr where we made this possible in 7,x version of the stack. will keep you posted.

Thanks,
bhavya

1 Like

Hi, thanks for helping me. Were you able to find out if that will be available in v.7?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.