Date histogram issues when moving from Kibana 5.3.0 to 5.6.3

hi all,

I have upgraded from Kibana 5.3.0 to 5.6.3 today, and noticed that bar charts do not display correctly in my dashboards. I have a number of date histograms which use stacked mode for displaying several values for the same time slot. Unfortunately, some bars are aligned either left or right in a date histogram. When I change the mode from "stacked" to "normal" and back, and then save the histogram, the issue disappears.
In addition, all colors in date histograms are unusually pale and it is hard to distinguish them from each other (unlike colors in other visualizations which display normally). The colors look bad both on Linux and Windows with both Chrome and Firefox.
Are there any workarounds for these issues?

kind regards,
risto

Hi @ristov,

I would suspect that the document in which the visualization is stored (the "saved object") is not interpreted the same way in 5.6.3. To narrow this down it would be helpful if you could post the two uiStateJSON and visState fields of the original saved object and of a fixed copy saved with 5.6.3. You can find them in Management -> Kibana -> Saved Objects -> Visualizations.

Hi,
I also have a problem with one of the visualizations after moving visualizations from Kibana version 5.4. to 5.6.3.
A part of the Heatmap is cut away on its right side. So the most recent data can't be seen in the graph.

May this be related ?

@Oozza, if you create the same visualization anew in 5.6.3 that does not happen?

@weltenwort It does happen if I create a new visualization. Even in the visualization editor a part of the graph is cut away. It does not matter what I put on X and Y axes. So this is probably for different topic or a bug report

@Oozza, sounds like it might be https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/14607 that affects you too. If you can add a screenshot or any additional details in a comment to that issue it could make fixing the issue easier for the developers.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.