Difference between sharing dashboard as snapshot and saved object

Hello All,
I use Kibana version 7.9.0.
I would like to know the actual difference between sharing/embedding a dashboard URL as a snapshot or a saved object
According to the pop-up info :
For snapshot, the pop-up says that the edits to the dashboard will not be visible via this URL. image
I generated an URL using this option, and made some changes to the dashboard ( changing the position of a panel, re-sizing a panel, changing a visualization etc.) I was able to see all these changes via the URL I generated earlier.. i.e. "any edits made to the dashboard are still visible through the snapshot link".
Am I missing anything here or is this a bug?

Thanks

Looks like this is a bug, I reported it here: Dashboard snapshot permalink updates with saved object · Issue #91474 · elastic/kibana · GitHub Thanks for letting us know.

You can get a "real" snapshot URL by not saving your dashboard - create a new dashboard, add some panels (don't save), then generate the snapshot link. As it won't be linked to an id, it will actually stay the same.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.