Difficulties / Bugs with Canvas

Good morning,

I'm currently experiencing 2 issues with my 7.6.0 ECE install but my issues are specific to Kibana.

1. When I try and print a workpad to pdf. Only a single page is printed to pdf.
    You can repo this by simply opening a new template and trying to print to pdf. Expected result is for all pages to be included but I only get a single page. If i add the post url to a watcher i'll get what seems like a random single page being outputted.

2. I try and upload an image to my assets and even though only 3% of space is being used i get an error.
    The server gave a response that the workpad data was too large. This usually means uploaded image assets that are too large for Kibana or a proxy.
    This file is 535kb and i've been able to successfully add it to another workpad.

** Seems the limitation is 500kb but i do not know where to alter that limitation. **

Overall Canvas seems kind of flaky I get different results when trying to do the same thing with different workpads.

Thanks

Hi, this is a known issue and it will be fixed in 7.6.1: [Reporting] Fix screenshot pipeline for multi-page by tsullivan · Pull Request #56928 · elastic/kibana · GitHub (It was totally my fault too - sorry about that!)

Whenever you make any changes to the workpad, the entire workpad gets re-uploaded to Elasticsearch for auto-saving. Canvas maintains the workpad as a single string of JSON, with the images converted to base64 format.

It sounds like the overall size of the workpad is pretty high for Elasticsearch, or a proxy server in front of Elasticsearch. Elasticsearch has a setting to limit the size of HTTP payloads at http.max_content_length: HTTP | Elasticsearch Guide [8.11] | Elastic

If the size of the workpad isn't hitting the ES size limit, it could be hitting a limit of a 3rd party proxy server in front of Elasticsearch.

1 Like

Any idea on when 7.6.1 will get released? I will review my reverse proxy configuration but I'm only using 4% of the allocated space for a canvas project.

Thanks for your honesty

Hi, Kibana 7.6.1 was just released yesterday

Can confirm the PDF generation issue is resolved in 7.6.1

Thanks for following up on this thread.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.